Last night at the Billboard Music Awards 2012 they did a amazing Tribute to Whitney Houston.
It was really beautiful!!
Watch it above.
Ever since 1991 the music sales of albums has been out of this world. We have seen some great stars grow into bigger starts.
Nielsen SoundScan has tracked Billboard album sales and now, we bring to you some of the albums that have sold 5 million or more copies in the past decade!!
But the people at the top of the list are Norah Jones, Eminem, Usher and our Adele!
Below is the list in order of the top-selling albums of the past 10 years:
1. Norah Jones, Come Away With Me, 10,797,000. Top 200 rank: #11.
2. Eminem, The Eminem Show, 10,049,000. Top 200 rank: #18.
3. Usher, Confessions, 9,968,000. Top 200 rank: #19.
4. Adele, 21, 8,090,000. Top 200 rank: #39.
5. 50 Cent, Get Rich Or Die Tryin’, 8,086,000. Top 200 rank: #41.
6. Evanescence, Fallen, 7,619,000. Top 200 rank: #51.
7. Nickelback, All The Right Reasons, 7,582,000. Top 200 rank: #53.
8. Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts, 7,177,000. Top 200 rank: #62.
9. Avril Lavigne, Let Go, 6,782,000. Top 200 rank: #71.
10. Taylor Swift, Fearless, 6,514,000. Top 200 rank: #76.
11. Nelly, Nellyville, 6,488,000. Top 200 rank: #78.
12. Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway, 6,219,000. Top 200 rank: #85.
13. Green Day, American Idiot, 6,056,000. Top 200 rank: #93.
14. Dixie Chicks, Home, 6,041,000. Top 200 rank: #94.
15. Mariah Carey, The Emancipation Of Mimi, 5,964,000. Top 200 rank: #101.
16. Josh Groban, Closer, 5,960,000. Top 200 rank: #102.
17. Linkin Park, Meteora, 5,913,000. Top 200 rank: #103.
18. OutKast, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, 5,702,000. Top 200 rank: #110.
19. Josh Groban, Noel, 5,446,000. Top 200 rank: #127.
20. Shania Twain, Up!, 5,409,000. Top 200 rank: #129.
21. 50 Cent, The Massacre, 5,286,000. Top 200 rank: #136.
22. Eminem, Encore, 5,282,000. Top 200 rank: #137.
23. Rascal Flatts, Feels Like Today, 5,230,000. Top 200 rank: #140.
24. Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, 5,175,000. Top 200 rank: #143.
25. Guns N’ Roses, Greatest Hits, 5,161,000. Top 200 rank: #144.
Glee made a unexpected (but still uhMAZing) tribute to Whitney Houston last month with Amber Riley’s performance. Now, Gleeks can prepare for a full episode tribute to Whitney.
Lea Michele tweeted the following about the upcoming episode:
Starting a new episode today. A very special tribute to one of the worlds most amazing singers. Very excited about this one.
Really think its going to be huge!!!!!!!!
Over the last few days it has caused alot of flack when Whitney died she said the death ofWhitney Houston by saying that she “will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song,” regarding the late icon’s cover of her 1974 original I Will Always Love You, but now, she’s clarified – and is now calling it THEIRS!
Thats nice to know.
“I did not know Whitney, nor any of her family personally; but she will always be a part of my heart and I will always be grateful for her awesome performance and success with oursong. My heart is with Whitney and her family as they lay her to rest … I Will Always Love You.”
To me when i see about that song i think about it as WHitneys but its nice to see that she said to call it Theirs.
Whitney Houston’s Film The Bodyguard is being turned into a Musical.The movie which starred Kevin Costner andWhitney Houston, is turning into a musical thanks to Michael Harrisonand David Ian!
It has been said that the producers have been wanting to make it a musical for years.The musical will open at the Adelphi Theatre in November.
Fans need to start booking tickets now if they want to see it!!
Heather Headley will star in Whitney’s role while Thea Sharrockdirects. All songs featured in the movie WILL be in the musical.
Look above for the video to I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
Im sure she would rather Whitney alive but Dolly Parton is said to make lots of money off the sales of I Will Always Love You.
“She was broke — her label gave her advances. And unlike Michael, you have to remember that Whitney didn’t write any of those massive hits. They were songs that Clive Davis told her to sing and she did.”
“On records, the typical mechanical royalty paid to the writer/publisher is about 8 cents per radio performance. That would all go to Dolly. Whitney is only the singer. She receives an advance from the record company based upon anticipated album sales. Figure that’s around $2.00 per album. But all of the costs to record the album, promote the album, videos, etc. are all recouped from the artist’s share.”
“Whitney was living off of advances — loans from the record company — and had been [for] quite some time. Most likely the estate owes the record company a ton and future sales will be used to pay back that loan before any money goes to the estate. The songwriters, however, will make a bundle.”
Still so sad.
Image Via: Getty Images