1. And ideal with all that by being like a perfectionist. But that’s okay.
2. And I love the idea of spending the whole day in bed with my lover.
3. And I never ask what I’m doing the next day. I don’t want to know what I’m doing tomorrow. It’s much too overwhelming. So I just go day by day, without knowing.
4. Beauty is only skin deep. I think what’s really important is finding a balance of mind, body and spirit.Somebody said to me not too long ago, “Until you’re twenty, you have the face you are born with, and after that you have the face you deserve”, and I really loved that .
6. I can only speak for myself, and hope people hear my words and see me on television speaking for myself. And, hopefully, they’ll be able to make their own judgment. And at the end of the day, I just want my work to speak for itself.
7. I could serve coffee using my rear as a ledge.
10. I grew up in the Bronx where you would stay up late with your girlfriends, just being silly in our bedrooms, whatever. And I was always the clown.
12. I just knew that was what I wanted to do. I was going to perform as a singer; I was going to perform as a dancer, and I was, you know, going to do movies and be an actress. I was going to do it or die trying. That’s what my life was.
13. I loved the last album, and it was one hundred percent me. But this is like me two years later, who understands a little bit more about music and understands a little bit more about making an album. I wrote a lot more.
14. I swear to God, I don’t remember anything Gwyneth Paltrow was in. Some people get hot by association. I heard more about her and Brad Pitt and I ever heard about her work.
16. I’d be stupid not to take into consideration that there are certain things people will not consider me for because my name is Lopez. And I know I can do any kind of role. I don’t want anybody to say, Oh, she can’t pull this off. So those are barriers that you have to overcome.
17. If anyone can figure out how to balance my celebrity and my dual careers in music and film, it’s me. I don’t feel frightened; I feel challenged.
18. If you kiss on the first date and it’s not right, then there will be no second date. Sometimes it’s better to hold out and not kiss for a long time. I am a strong believer in kissing being very intimate, and the minute you kiss, the floodgates open for everything else.
20. It’s a shame to call somebody a “diva” simply because they work harder than everybody else.
21. J. Lo is also an homage to my fans. That’s what fans call me on the streets, and I like it. So giving the album this title is my way of telling them that this is for them, in appreciation of their support.
23. People assume I’m out there having this great life, but money doesn’t erase the pain. When you’re young you barrel through life, making choices without thinking of repercussions. A few years down the line, you wake up in a certain place and wonder how the hell you got there.
24. People equate sexy with promiscuous. They think that because I’m shaped this way, I must be scandalous – like running around and bringing men into my hotel room. But it’s just the opposite.
26. So I sat down with him and portrayed more the side of the character he needed to see. Which is what I do when I go in for an interview for a part I like. As much as you think you’re dealing with creative people, they see you for what your image is out there.
27. The bear is what we all wrestle with. Everybody has their bear in life. It’s about conquering that bear and letting him go.
29. They’re making me out to be a serial marrying person or something. I’m laughing at that.
30. This is the man my mother lived for. My career means something now because I’ve worked with Robert Redford.
31. You can’t take life for granted.
32. You have to come in and be that character when you walk into the room. That’s what one of my first acting teachers taught me. You know, don’t go in there being Jennifer and then expect to flip and change, because they’re not going to have that imagination.
33. You know, maybe I was just born in the wrong time, but I love all things romantic. Puffy understands that. For my last birthday, he covered my hotel room floor with rose petals and had flowers and candles all over the room.
35. [Men] really disgust me if they don’t have a nice smile, nice lips and niceteeth…They have too many disgusting habits – like scratching themselves all the time. And it’s really weird how guys think that passing gas is the funniest thing in the world. They love to do that thing in front of girls and laugh about it.
36. Can you piss off a Puerto Rican and live to tell about it?
39. It used to bother me being portrayed as this bitchy person, but now I feel that the public understands me better than some writer. There are people who know who I really am, and that’s good enough for me.
40. Sometimes journalists try to create a persona that’s not really there.
41. If you love someone, don`t wait till tomorrow to tell him/her. Maybe that next day will never come at all.
44. [But she doesn't want to discuss the specifics of their relationship or any future offspring.] I liked the days when our stars had a mystery to them, … You had this illusion. And when you watched the movies, they had so much more impact because you didn’t know who these stars weredating, or if they were married or what was happening in their lives.
46. On Madonna: Do I think she’s a great performer? Yes. Do I think she’s a great actress? No.
1. At my second record label, they told me and other female artists that some of us were going on the chopping block. I was 19… and it was devastating.
2. Honey, I am the chief of my train. If critics want to hop on board, fantastic. There’s plenty of room. The KP train is fun.
4. I didn’t have a childhood.
6. I fall in love every time. And I don’t really fall in love a lot, but when I do, I fall hard.
8. I gave myself until I turned 25 to make it. And if it didn’t happen, I thought I’d just try to find a nice husband.
9. I got this Jesus tattoo on my wrist when I was 18 because I know that it’s always going to be a part of me. When I’m playing, it’s staring right back at me, saying, “Remember where you came from.”
11. I have multipersonality disorder – in a very good way, ofcourse - when it comes to my fashion choices. When I first started playing around with my look, it was more of a Dita Von Teese pinup thing. Dita’s really dedicated.
12. I really like to look like a history book. I can look 1940s, I can look 1970s hippie-chic, or sometimes I’ll pull that ’80s Brooklyn hip-hop kid with the door-knocker earrings.
14. I think people appreciate a songwriter who shows different sides. The whole angst thing is cool, but if that’s all you’ve got, it’s just boring. Everything I write, whether it’s happy or sad, has a sense of humor to it.
17. I unfortunately still crave chicken McNuggets and bacon, which is the meat candy of the world.
18. I wanted to be that quirky girl who writes funny songs that still have meaning.
20. I’m kind of a good girl – and I’m not. I’m a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity, and respect. I’m a bad girl because I like to tease. I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That’s what the stories in my music do.
21. I’m not defined by where I came from. I never took part in the rules and hatred that sometimes go along with religion. But if my parents are happy with what they believe, then I’m happy to stay out of their way. We agree to disagree.
23. I’ve done a lot of bad things. Use your imagination.
25. If people want a role model, they can have Miley Cyrus!
26. It was so draining. Going to parties to rub elbows with so-and-so and act like it’s no big deal, when really all I was doing was hoping I’d have the success they had.
27. My career is like an artichoke. People might think that the leaves are tasty and buttered up and delicious, and they don’t even know that there’s something magical hidden at the base of it. There’s a whole other side of me that people didn’t know existed.
29. My parents are very quirky, eccentric. They have their own world.
30. My personality is up and down, sassy and cheeky.
31. People don’t want just vanilla. They want 31 flavors. I couldn’t do what Rihanna does. I couldn’t do what Gaga does. They can’t do what I do.
1. I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
2. I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
9. If you’re gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.
59. I have too many fantasies to be a housewife…. I guess I am a fantasy.
…they’re too stubborn to say, “Sorry, I was wrong”
they hurt the ones closest to their hearts,and we let the most foolish things tear us apart
love in this dying world but the simple word “love” itself already died and went away.
102. If I’m a star, then the people made me a star.